Chuck accidentally runs into a fellow government agent who seems to be living a similar life. It turns out this agent is a gadget whiz, whose brain makes him a national security asset and a dangerous liability, much like Chuck. Chuck faces a predicament whether he should help turn this agent into Sarah and Casey or help this agent escape his handlers.
Meanwhile, Halloween, a holiday that means a lot to Chuck and Morgan as buddies, proves to be a little different this year as Morgan feels that Chuck is neglecting both their childhood and friendship.
original airdate-October 29,2007 rating- 7.03 Million
songs--Theme Song: "Short Skirt / Long Jacket" by Cake
- "All Right Now" by Free
- "The Weight Of The World" by Editors
- "When Johnny Comes Marching Home (instrumental)"
- "Dice" by Finley Quaye
- "It Takes Two" by Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock.
flashes: Chuck flashes when he sees Laszlo for the first time
- When looking at a sketch Laszlo made on a napkin while they were talking over pancakes, Chuck flashes and realizes the design represented the destruction of the pier where Laszlo was recruited.
Pop Culture: When Chuck cuts the wire on the Herder's self-destruct, the timer stops at 7 seconds. This echoes the scene in Goldfinger when Bond disarms a bomb set to explode inside Fort Knox, which also stops at 7 seconds.
However the Herder's timer has an extra digit, making the time read 00:07 rather than 0:07 (Double-Oh 7). The film Goldfinger was discussed on several occasions leading up to this scene.
- The end scene when Chuck runs back home in slow-motion while Finlay Quaye's song "Dice" plays, is a copy of the end sequence from The O.C. episode "The Countdown." The O.C. was the debut series of Chuck producer Josh Schwartz.
- Greg Baine is credited as Special Agent Ben Katz. Benjamin Katz is the titular character of Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist.
- After Sarah gives Chuck a photo of them together at Comic-Con, Chuck mentions that they never actually went to Comic-Con together. However Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski actually attended San Diego Comic Con International in July 2007 as part of the promotion for the show.
- When Laszlo reveals the Home Theater room can access Air Force command channels, he asks Chuck "How about a game of Thermonuclear War?" The film War Games centered on a computer system that mistook a game for a real order to launch its missiles. The name of the "game," actually a military simulation, was Global Thermonuclear War.
- The game Morgan is playing at the pier is called Guitar Shredder, a reference to the Guitar Hero series of games.
- Chuck and Morgan's Halloween costume is a sandworm from Frank Herbert's Dune franchise, and several posters for the 1984 film adaptation of the 1965 novel Dune can be seen throughout the episode.