Chuck has to return to Stanford University, the institute that expelled him, on homecoming weekend to help a former professor. Chuck finds out that his former professor is also a government operative who is being hunted out for a sensitive top-secret file.
Chuck must use his past experiences to find his Professor’s hidden secret, while at the same time discovering shocking secrets about his own life. More importantly, Chuck discovers the truth about his former friend, Bryce Larkin, the one who got him kicked out of Stanford.
Meanwhile, Morgan has problems with the new assistant manager at Buy More.
original airdate-November 5,2007 rating-7.65 Million
songs; Theme Song: "Short Skirt / Long Jacket" by Cake
- “Maneater” by Hall And Oats
- “Drama Queen” by Switches
- “Don’t Look Back In Anger” by Oasis
- “Trendsetter” by Goose
- “Chelsea Dagger” by The Fratellis
flashes: Chuck discovers that there is a file on him in the Intersect when he flashes on his old Stanford student ID badge.
Pop Culture: Ironically, although set at Stanford, filming of the episode--with the exception of stock footage--actually took place on the campus of rival UCLA. The two schools were playing each other in football in this episode.
- Captain Awesome remarks that instead of Stanford he'd rather see UCLA play SC (the University of Southern California), the Alma Mater of series creators Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak.
- Chuck's old fraternity at Stanford is Gamma Delta Phi.
- The Library of Congress Classification code for the copy of the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire seen in the episode is incorrect.
- The number on the paper (219 F5U922) given to Chuck by Professor Flemming does not correspond to a Library of Congress Classification code nor a Dewey Decimal number.
- The "One Remote" used by Harry in this episode appears to be a Logitech Harmony 880 or 890 model remote. Since only the Harmony 890 can use RF (as opposed to IR), it is presumed that the remote must be a Harmony 890, as only RF capability would allow such broad-sweeping ability to change channels from a distance.
- The ending of this episode contradicts the story of how Chuck and Jill met that Chuck told at the beginning of Chuck Versus the Intersect. The Pilot describes Chuck and Jill meeting in class, whereas this episode seems to indicate Bryce introducing Chuck to Jill.
Trivia: Harry Tang's Master Remote code is "OU812", which is the title of Van Halen's second album with Sammy Hagar.
Goofs: When the library attendant approaches Chuck demanding repayment of late fees and the shot cuts to show the Icelandic agent, suddenly the librarian has disappeared and the trio have changed positions.
- For the employee daily lunch schedule, Anna has no lunch hour while Leticia Williams has two lunch hours, one as a Buy More team member and one as a Nerd Herder. Morgan Grimes is listed as a Nerd Herd member rather than as a Buy More team member.
- As the Icelander walks towards Chuck, after having shot the professor, there is a close-up of his crossbow. From one angle, the string is in the forward position, having already been fired. When the angle changes, the string is pulled back, ready to be fired again.
"Saving the World ... At 11 Dollars an Hour"