Tess invites Clark to a press conference in New York but when an explosion rocks the private jet they are on, Clark must figure out how to save them without Tess learning his secret. Unbeknown to Clark, Tess orchestrated the explosion to get Clark to reveal his powers.
Meanwhile, Davis discovers a surprising way to control the monster within.
original airdate--March 19,2009 rating--3.49 million
Songs: Theme song--"Save Me" by Remy Zero
- "I Don't Care" by Apocalyptica
Antagonist: Tess Mercer and Davis Bloome
Trivia:At the end of the episode Clark changes into his red and blue blur clothing in a phone booth. This is an allusion to Superman's well known habit of changing in telephone booths.
- Jimmy calls Doomsday the "King Kong of meteor freaks". Its abduction of Chloe is somewhat similar to the actions of the giant ape.
- Colin Lawrence who played Captain Nichols also played FBI Agent Stockard in Gone and a Doctor in Thirst.
- Chloe says Clark's Red-Blue Blur appearances saved more people than a "Billy Graham revival", a reference to the popular televangelist. She also teases his "fashion show," referencing the modeling competition America's Next Top Model, a fellow CW show.
- At the end of the episode Clark changes into his red and blue blur clothing in a phone booth. This is an allusion to Superman's well known habit of changing in telephone booths.