Just seconds before a building is demolished, a mysterious mute child that has been living alone underground is discovered. When the FBI’s Fringe Division investigates, the boy forms an unspoken connection with Agent Olivia Dunham.
Meanwhile, an especially gruesome serial killer resurfaces and showcases his “artistry” by displaying his work publicly. As the boy gradually assimilates into a new environment, Olivia and the team must race against the clock to prevent the mad man from further macabre. Fringe case file # 115-4709
original airdate-April 7,2009 rating-9.88 million
songs;"Fringe Main Title Theme" by JJ Abrams
- "Love and Happiness" by Al Green
- "You Fall To Pieces" by The Shore
- "No You Girls" by Franz Ferdinand
- "Trashcan" by Delta Spirit
- "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)"
- "The Menagerie (aka "Van Amburgh Is The Man")"
- "Falling to Pieces" by Zach Ziskin
Glyph code spells--WALTER
Goofs--When Olivia calls Broyles to ask him to move the child, the shot of Broyles answering the phone is a recycled shot from the episode "Safe". In addition, the shot is flipped, as can be seen by the fact that Broyles' watch is on his right wrist rather than his left.
- Olivia stops The Artist at a checkpoint, and he touches his face with his hand. When the shot cuts to Olivia, his hand disappears; when the shot cuts back to The Artist, his hand reappears.
Fringe Event: Empath John Doe child found in sealed room