A shocking murder outside Merlotte’s has Bon Temps reeling.
Meanwhile, Sookie’s relationship with Bill is tested when she learns about Jessica, and of his involvement in her uncle’s death.
Sam recalls a shape-shifting encounter he had with Maryann as a 17-year-old. Jason gets a sudden windfall that allows him to pay for a leadership retreat with the Fellowship of the Sun. Two adversaries find themselves sharing a mysterious dungeon and, possibly, the same fate.
original airdate-June 14,2009 rating--3.70 million
songs--Theme song-"Bad Things" by Jace Everett
- "Butterfly By" by Extreme Music
- "Hello Walls" by Faron Young
- "Lá Vem a Baiana" by Jussara Silveira
- "It's All Good Lovin To Me" by Black Toast
- "Leave This All Behind" by Black Toast
- "All Night Through" by The Shaker Sisters
- "The Golden State" by John Doe featuring Kathleen Edwards
- "Nothing But The Blood (Of Jesus)" by Randy Travis
- "Wanna Cause Some Trouble (As Heard In True Blood)" by Craig Stull
Trivia--Jason wears a baseball cap with a panther, or cougar on it. In the later books that true blood is based on, Jason becomes a bitten werepanther.
Allusions--"Nothing But the Blood" is a play on the line " . . . nothing but the truth . . ." which can be heard in court cases when a person is sworn in to testify.
- In a similar manner in which Maryann's nature was implied in the final episode of Season 1 with Rene singing She is a devil in disguise an allusion exists in the scene where Lettie Mae tells Tara to watch out the demon and right after Maryann gets into the scene.