Claire struggles with adjusting to her new life in college when a mysterious death thrusts her into the spotlight once again. Elsewhere, Hiro and Ando continue their noble quest to help people by promoting their abilities. Angela fears Nathan will soon discover his true identity; while Matt is haunted by an unexpected visitor seeking something he has lost. Tracy Strauss and H.R.G. join forces, looking for the key to unlock the motive behind a horrific crime.
Meanwhile, Peter uses his abilities for good, but he is soon called upon to aid an old friend. While the heroes adjust to their new surroundings, a mysterious carnival clan, led by ringleader Samuel, sets their sights on familiar faces.
original airdate--September 21,2009 rating--5.77 million
music--Theme song--"Can You Keep a Secret" by Hikaru Utada
- "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder
- "An Honest Mistake" by The Bravery
- "Someday" by Flipsyde
- "Kiss the World" by Catlow
- "For Keeps" by Gossip
- Claire and Gretchen investigate Annie's death.
- Noah investigates Danko's murder.
- Peter tries to steer clear of getting involved.
- Matt works on kicking his addiction.
- Tracy attempts to start her life anew.
- Hiro changes a past mistake.
- Edgar retrieves a compass.
Trivia: The system of equations given during Claire's linear algebra aptitude test is: - x+2y+3w+4z=10 - 2x-y+w-z=1 - 3x+y+4w+3z=11 - -2x+6y+4w+10z=18 (The solution cannot be found using algebraic methods. However Clare's comment, "Is this a joke?", is pertinent. It is indeed a joke. The solution is simple and ridiculous: x = y = w = z = 1.)