After being struck by a truck, John Corben wakes up alone in an abandoned apartment as a man-machine with a Kryptonite heart. Corben realizes he now has superhuman strength and sets out to exact revenge on the Red-Blue Blur, who he perceives to be an irresponsible vigilante.
Against Clark's wishes, Lois involves herself in the Red-Blue Blur's investigation, and winds up getting kidnapped by Corben.
original airdate--October 2,2009 rating--2.24 million
songs--Theme song--"Save Me" by Remy Zero
- "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies
- "Hush Little Baby" by
Antagonist: John Corben
Goof: When Metallo picks up the picture of the woman, it should be blood stained on the back as it was in his pool of blood. Yet it is mostly clean on the back.
Trivia: Brian Austin Green, who portrays Metallo, was recently on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, where he fought Terminators. In this episode, Lois Lane refers to him as "a real-life Terminator".
- Detective Corben is always called "John", not his villain name: Metallo.
- Lois's pajamas have red, yellow and blue helicopters, the same colors as Superman's costume. There is a memorable scene in Superman: The Movie where Lois falls from a helicopter and Superman saves her.
- Not once in this episode is John Corben called "Metallo".
- Lois tells Chloe that she is hunting down a real-life Terminator (Corben). Coincidentally, Brian Austin Green, who plays John Corben, also played in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles as Derek Reese, a member of the future resistance against Terminators, and the uncle of John Connor.
- This episode follows the format of a classic freak of the week episode: a human gains kryptonite-based powers, becomes psychotic, and then Clark Kent defeats him in battle.
- Lois tells Chloe that she is hunting down a real-life Terminator (Corben). Coincidentally, Brian Austin Green, who plays John Corben, also played in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles as Derek Reese.