In this amazing season premiere, who did Mike Delfino marry? The Bolens, Angie, her husband, Nick, and their 19-year-old son, Danny, have moved around a lot, but hope to settle down on Wisteria Lane now that real estate agent Lee has sold them Mary Alice's former house. Bree struggles to keep her affair with Karl away from Orson. Lynette's pregnancy is taking a toll on her and the love triangle between Susan, Mike and Katherine begins to heat up and takes another chapter.
Meanwhile, Ana is pushing the limits with Gabrielle, after the ending of the previous season finale. A pivotal female character gets strangled.
original airdate--September 27,2009 rating--13.64 million
music--Theme song--"Desperate Housewives" by Danny Elfman
- "She Wolf" by Shakira
- "Kiss With A Fist" by Florence and The Machine
- "You Spin Me Round" by Nocomment
- "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga
- "Nice is Different from Good" by Stephen Sondheim (Lyric line from "I Know Things Now" from Into the Woods)
Goofs--When Susan drops her shopping bag to run over to Katherine's house, it is obvious by the hollow sound it makes that the jug that fell out of the bag was empty.
- In the last episode of season 5 the bride (which we learn in this episode to be Susan) is wearing a thick veil to prevent the viewer from seeing who Mike is marrying. In this episode the same scene was re-shot and the veil was now instead sheer enough to reveal that Susan was the bride.