Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a missing plastic surgeon who is found dead in the front seat of his car after a week of being parked curbside. As they delve into the twisted world of surgery obsessed patients and secret operations, Castle experiences a fatherly rite of passage as Alexis attends her first prom. And while looking into Beckett's past, he unearths information that could end his relationship with her forever.
original airdate-- May 11, 2009 rating:10.55 million
Songs:"Theme song:Castle Whistle Theme by Robert Duncan"
- "Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag" by Minnutes.
- "Please Don't Go" by Tyler Lane.
- "She Back" by Bosshouse.
- "Red Balloon" by Alexis Harte.
- "More to Luv" by Minnutes.
- "Comes And Goes (In Waves)" by Greg Laswell.
- "I Know You Are But What Am I?" by Mogwai
Trivia--Beckett threatens to end the relationship if Castle touches her mother's case, but doesn't realize that he's been doing just that since A Chill Goes Through Her Veins.
- After Castle suggests they should check out the billing department of the hospital, we see him coming back to the office with 2 cups of coffee. He gets near Beckett and after she gives Esposito a paper with an account number, the camera angle cuts back to Castle and he's now holding only one cup of coffee with both hands.
Goof--when Agent Sorensen offers Beckett a part of the sprinkled donut, the location of where he holds it changes between shots.