Castle and Beckett investigate the murder of a missing plastic surgeon who is found dead in the front seat of his car after a week of being parked curbside.
As they delve into the twisted world of surgery obsessed patients and secret operations, Castle experiences a fatherly rite of passage as Alexis attends her first prom. And while looking into Beckett's past, he unearths information that could end his relationship with her forever.
original airdate-- May 11, 2009 rating--10.55 million
Songs:"Theme song:Castle Whistle Theme by Robert Duncan"
- "Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag" by Minnutes.
- "Please Don't Go" by Tyler Lane.
- "She Back" by Bosshouse.
- "Red Balloon" by Alexis Harte.
- "More to Luv" by Minnutes.
- "Comes And Goes (In Waves)" by Greg Laswell.
- "I Know You Are But What Am I?" by Mogwai
Trivia--Beckett threatens to end the relationship if Castle touches her mother's case, but doesn't realize that he's been doing just that since A Chill Goes Through Her Veins.
- After Castle suggests they should check out the billing department of the hospital, we see him coming back to the office with 2 cups of coffee. He gets near Beckett and after she gives Esposito a paper with an account number, the camera angle cuts back to Castle and he's now holding only one cup of coffee with both hands.
Goof--when Agent Sorensen offers Beckett a part of the sprinkled donut, the location of where he holds it changes between shots.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better. Who am I? I'm Rick Castle. Every writer needs inspiration. And I found mine. And thanks to my friendship with the mayor, I get to follow her around. And together we catch killers.