Angel sees his new friend Doyle tortured when his estranged wife comes to town asking for a divorce so she can marry another man. With the wedding just a few days off, Angel agrees to follow her seemingly affable fiance to learn more about this man before Doyle gives his blessing to their union.
original airdate--November 16,1999 rating--4.8 million
music--Angel Main Theme - the Sanctuary Extended Remix by Darling Violetta
- "Come On 2000" by Diana Terranova.
- "Don't Do It" by Paul Trudeau.
- "Come Correct" by C. Troy & Z. Harmon.
- "Retro Pop" by Killer Tracks Music Library.
- Two vampires, dusted by Angel.
- Russ, dusted by Doyle.
Monster of the Week:
- Richard Howard Straley: Richard is an ano-movic demon whose family has fully assimilated into human society. Ano-movic demons were a tribe of nomads who once had violent tendencies. They later gave up their violence and native language (Aratuscan) to start several high-class restaurants. Despite this, they haven't given up the "ritualistic eating of the first husband's brains" when a member of their clan marries a woman who had a previous marriage.
- Crossover: The story is continued in Pangs.
- Doyle: Doyle's wife appears in this episode. He and Harriet got married four years prior to this episode, but split apart when his demon side manifested at 21 and he couldn't accept it. She comes back into his life to file for divorce. Some other details about Doyle's life are revealed in this episode as well, including his full name (Allen Francis Doyle), that he was a third grade teacher and that he once volunteered at a food bank.