Angel joins Doyle's crusade to save a group of helpless demons from The Scourge - a storm trooper-esque army of pure blood demons that persecute mixed blood demons.
Meanwhile, Doyle reveals the reason he was sent to Angel, confesses his true identity to Cordelia and makes the ultimate sacrifice for his friends.
original airdate--November 30,1999 rating--3.5 million
songs--"Angel Main Theme - the Sanctuary Extended Remix by Darling Violetta
- "Hero" by Robert Kral ft. Elin Carlson
- 5 Brechian Demons stabbed by The Scourage in Alley
- unidentified first mate, destroyed by the Beacon @ Scourge HQ
- Doyle, sacrified and destroyed for desactivate the Beacon @ The Ship
- Scourge Commander Snapped Neck by Angel @ The Ship
Monster of the Week:
- Lister Demons: The Lister is a clan of half-breed demons. Their supernatural abilities (if they have any at all) are not touched on, probably because any sort of power would take away from the parallel to the Jews during the Holocaust.
- The Scourge: The Scourge is a group of full-blooded demon fanatics who despise half-breed demons like Doyle. So, they hunt down these "unpure" demons and kill them to preserve demonic genetics. The Scourge is not unlike other groups that base their ideals on ethnic cleansing, particularly the Nazis.
- Doyle: Doyle's secret about being a half-breed demon is outed to Cordelia. He shows her his face just before leaping into the beacon, an act which kills him.
- Cordelia: When Doyle kisses Cordelia, a blue light passes between them. What this actually means is not explained until the next episode.
For over a century, the vampire, Angelus, blazed a swath of murder and mayhem across Europe, until a gypsy curse restored his soul. His guilt and remorse eventually led him to Los Angeles where he battles evil and helps the helpless in his neverending quest for redemption.