Angel is having horrific dreams in which he is again an evil vampire who is slaying innocent people. He awakes every time to discover that the murders he dreamed of have occurred, but he can't remember whether he committed them or not.
original airdate--January 18,2000 rating--3.1 million
song--Angel Main Theme - the Sanctuary Extended Remix by Darling Violetta
- "Leave You Far Behind" by Lunatic Calm
- Unidentified female victim , drained by Penn
- Jinny Markem, drained by Penn
- Reggie Sparks, drained by Penn
- Penn, sired by Angelus and dusted by Kate Lockley
- Penn's family (sister, father, brother), drained by Penn
- Jessica Halprin, drained by Penn
Monster of the Week:
- Penn: Penn is a Puritan turned vampire sired by Angelus during the late 1700s or possibly early 1800s. Angel taught Penn how to kill and Penn adopted Angelus' methods as his own. He killed his family and left Angelus' mark and continued to do so in the 1920s and 1960s using the same methods and types of people. He's exceedingly predictable because he goes to the same places and kills the same people each time.
- Angel: In the late 1700s, Angel used a cross to mark his victims. During this time period, he sired Penn, who took up the tradition.
- Kate: Kate discovers Angel's secret, as well as the fact that vampires are real. After the initial shock, she starts to research about vampires and breaks off her professional relationship with Angel. However, she doesn't kill him, so it's presumed that she may just need time to accept his past.
For over a century, the vampire, Angelus, blazed a swath of murder and mayhem across Europe, until a gypsy curse restored his soul. His guilt and remorse eventually led him to Los Angeles where he battles evil and helps the helpless in his neverending quest for redemption.