Angel and The Host search for a physicist who plans to freeze time so that he and girlfriend will live in eternal happiness.
Meanwhile, Wesley, Cordelia and Gunn start their first official case.
original airdate--February 6,2001 rating--2.9/4.3 million
music--Theme Song: "Angel Main Theme" by Darling Violetta
- "Hey Baby" by Mocean Worker.
- "All By Myself" orginally by Eric Carmen.
- "Star-Spangled Banner"
- "Bye Bye Love" originally by The Everly Brothers
- "For He's A Jolly Good Fellow" by Mike Hagerty
- Torto demon, killed by Gunn
- Lubber Demon,Hit with Car by Angel in L.A. Streets
- Lubber Demon Stabbed by Angel in Gene's Basement
Monster of the Week:
- Lubber Demon: The Lubbers are a race of demons that double as a religious sect. The demons worship a human they call the "Golden Child" who will cause some kind of catastrophic disaster that will wipe out the human race. They intend to push things along in this episode by rewriting Gene's math so that the time paradox bubble spreads planetwide.
- Angel Investigations: It seems that the ex-employees of Angel have kept the Angel Investigations name and have solved their first case. Not only that, but they received their first unsolicited cry for help, all without Angel.
- Angel: During his first team-up with the Host, Angel begins to reconnect with humanity again after going off the deep end about Darla and Wolfram & Hart.