After Darla sacrifices herself to save her baby, Angel takes the newborn back to the hotel where he tries to figure out how to be a good father. But Angel and the gang’s problems multiply when they are trapped at the hotel by several groups of enemies, including vampire cults, demon cults and satanic humans, bent on kidnapping his infant son.
After brushing off Sahjhan, Holtz goes about Los Angeles recruiting new help for his quest to kill Angel by hiring humans whose families were also victims of vampires, starting with one bitter, working-class woman, named Justine Cooper, as his right hand person and recruiter.
original airdate--December 10,2001 rating--2.5/3.8 million
music--Theme Song: "Angel Main Theme" by Darling Violetta
- "Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Rai" by Bing Crosby
- 3 Grappler demons, poisoned by Holtz
- Julia Cooper, killed by a vampire
- a vampire, dusted by Justine
- Connor's enemies, killed by Angel with a bomb
- Demon, dusted by Gunn
- Grapplar, Stabbed by Holtz
- Vampire Staked, by Holtz in Cemetary
- 2 Vampires dusted, by Wesley with Flamethrower
- Biker dusted, by Wesley with Flamethrower
- 2 Demons dusted, by Wesley with Flamethrower
Monster of the Week:
- Lilliad Demons: The Lilliad are a race of demons with extremely powerful magical abilities, but their range of abilities is limited by the lunar cycle. They were powerful enough in this episode to dispell a force field put up by the furies.
- Wolfram & Hart: Angel bursts into Wolfram & Hart and makes Linwood promise that no harm will come to his son. Meanwhile, the firm has found out who Holtz is but not what he's up to.
- Angel's Kid: Angel names his son Connor at the hospital, where they find that he's perfectly healthy.
- Lorne: Now that Caritas has been destroyed for a second time (third if you count the car causing damage in the second season finale), Lorne takes up residence at the Hyperion.
- Holtz: Unsatisfied with the quality of labor he gets with mercenary demons, Holtz goes off in search of "warriors." He finds one such warrior in a woman who lost her twin sister to a vampire attack.
For over a century, the vampire, Angelus, blazed a swath of murder and mayhem across Europe, until a gypsy curse restored his soul. His guilt and remorse eventually led him to Los Angeles where he battles evil and helps the helpless in his neverending quest for redemption.