Angel takes the gang out for an evening at the ballet but becomes suspicious when the prima ballerina is the same one he saw dance more than 100 years ago.
When Cordelia and Angel sneak backstage to investigate, they are consumed by overwhelming passion for each other as they are possessed by spirits of unrequited ballet lovers held captive by the sinister ballet troupe leader.
Elsewhere, Fred finds that both Wesley and Gunn have feelings for her too, but she must eventually choose one of them.
original airdate--February 4,2002 rating--2.8/4.6 million
music--Theme Song: "Angel Main Theme" by Darling Violetta
- "Menuetto: Allegretto String Quartet Op.17, in F Major" by Haydn
- 2 Kurskov's Minions,Stabbed by Angel Backstage
- Kurskov's Minion, Stabbed by Wesley Backstage
Monster of the Week:
- Count Kurskov: Count Kurskov is a fairly powerful wizard who had a ballet company. After discovering the prima ballerina in an affair with another man, he removes her from time and forces her to make the same performance every night. She is eventually freed when Angel smashes his source of power.
- Pylea: After freedom was given to the Pylean people in the second season finale, they deposed Groosalugg and set up a people's republic of sorts.
- Gunn and Fred: Gunn and Fred have their first kiss and presumably begin a much deeper relationship.
- Groosalugg: Groosalugg, Cordelia's true love from Pylea, has found his way into this plane of reality and caught up with Cordelia.