The Doctor and the Ponds puzzle an unlikely invasion of Earth, as millions of sinister black cubes arrive overnight, almost like presents falling from the sky
But what are they, what’s inside them and most importantly, who sent them? With the international community at a loss, it’s left to the Doctor to unearth who is behind the mystery.
original airdate--September 22,2012 rating--7.67 million
music-- theme song "The Chase" by Murray Gold
- "Titanium" by David Guetta feat. featuring Sia Furler
- "The Birdie Song" by The Tweets
Enemies--The Tally,--The Shakri,--Orderlies
Date: 21st Century
Goofs:When The Doctor vacuums the living room and Amy lifts her legs up in the sofa, you can clearly see the microphone transmitter in her back trouser pocket.
- The cubes are meant to be completely identical and with 'now flaws' to their perfect cubic nature whatever. Just after the soldier's enter, the doctor picks up a cube and plays about with it, tossing it and turning it over in his hands. At the last moment of the shot, a dent and a line, possibly from tape meant to keep the cube together, can clearly be seen at the top of one of the cubes.
- When the doctor is at the Tower of London with Amy and Kate, he claims he needs some air. When Amy follows him she follows him twice, in two different shots. The first time on 'ground view' walking and the second time on 'above view' running.
- In the scene where The Doctor is painting the fence and vacuuming the living room, Amy lifts her legs to let The Doctor pass with the vacuum, revealing the transmitter for her mic.
Trivia:Despite playing the main villain of the story Steven Berkoff only has 8 lines.
- The emphasis of the story was heavily altered in post with a huge chunk of the Sharki scenes being removed .
- The read-through of the episode was held on April 27, 2012.
- This was the last episode filmed with Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. The last scene shot was of their characters entering the TARDIS with the Doctor. When the doors closed behind them, all three actors hugged each other and began to cry.