Amy and Rory’s last ever episode and will also feature the return of River Song. The story will take place in 30s New York where the gang will face the Weeping Angels for a “final encounter.”
original airdate--September 29,2012 rating--7.82 million/32% share #13
music--theme song "The Chase" by Murray Gold
- "Englishman In New York" by Sting
Main enemy--The Weeping Angels, Grayle
Main setting--Manhattan, New York City, 1938 and 2012
Goofs:The hands on the angel in the graveyard change place depending on whether the shot is from the front or from the back.
- When the Doctor tears the page from the book, he puts it in the basket twice.
- The photo shoot PA from "Asylum of the Daleks" earlier in this season isn't in the credits for that episode, but is credited in this episode, despite not featuring in it.
- When they are back in the cemetery at the end, the Angel shows up right behind Rory. In the first shot facing Rory, as the camera zooms in on a close-up of the Angel, the Angel's right arm/hand is pointing straight out, and its left open hand is up in a grabbing position. After River asks where the hell it came from, in the Angel's next close-up and all subsequent close-ups, its arm/hand positions are reversed - left hand is pointing straight out and its right hand is up. Yet in every shot of the Doctor, River and Amy together, in the foreground we see the Angel's left hand is up in the grabbing position.
Trivia:Final appearances of Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill.
- In "God Complex" (S06E11), the Doctor leaves Amy and Rory behind in their new house to protect them, remarking, "What's the alternative? Standing over your grave?", which is unfortunately exactly what happens at the end of "The Angels take Manhattan".