The gang starts to have doubts about Angel's loyalties when he appears to have become very close with the Circle of the Black Thorn, an evil secret demon society.
When Drogyn, the guardian of the deep well, makes a startling revelation, the gangs' fears that Angel has become evil seem to be validated.
original airdate--May 12,2004 rating--2.7/4.0 million
music--Theme Song: "Angel Main Theme" by Darling Violetta
- "If I Ruled The World" originally by Regina Belle.
- Boretz,Kicked Really Hard? by Illyria @Funville
- Drogyn,Snapped Neck by Angel @Black Thorn Initiation
Monster of the Week:
- Boretz: The demon that attacks Spike and Illyria at Funville is a Boretz demon. They're notoriously ruthless killers who tear their victims apart. The demons have a poisonous bite that is also fatal to those who suffer it.
- The Circle of the Black Thorn: The direct agents of the senior partners are introduced in this episode. They're the ones that Angel has been angling to fight with since he received a vision from Cordelia. They include Izzy, Archduke Sebasis, the Fell Brethern Leader, Cyvus Vail and Senator Bruckner.
- Angel and Nina: Angel and Nina apparently break off their relationship when he gives her three plane tickets to get her and her family far away from him and the actions that will soon occur.
- Angel: Angel is accepted into the Circle of the Black Thorn after proving himself to the senior partners.
For over a century, the vampire, Angelus, blazed a swath of murder and mayhem across Europe, until a gypsy curse restored his soul. His guilt and remorse eventually led him to Los Angeles where he battles evil and helps the helpless in his neverending quest for redemption.