Trying to adjust to rigours of collage life proves to be harder than Buffy imagined. She moves into a dorm, must contend with a less-than-stable room mate and the complexities of dating college men.
original airdate-- October 5,1999 rating--4.4 million
songs--Theme song--buffy the vampire slayer by Nerf Herder
- "Everloving" by Moby
- "You and Me" by Splendid
- "Universe" by Stretch Princess
- "I Wish That I Could Be You" by The Muffs
- "Freaky soul" by Sound Stage Music Library
- "Memory of a Free Festival Part 1" by David Bowie
- Eddie, sired by Sunday and dusted by Buffy Summers
- Rookie, dusted with a crossbow by Willow Rosenberg
- Jerry, dusted by Xander Harris and Daniel Osbourne
- Sunday, dusted by Buffy
Monster of the Week:
- Buffy runs fowl of Sunday and her gang of vampires. Since about 1982, they've targeted freshman college students at UC Sunnydale for attack. They move in, kill (or sometimes turn) the unsuspecting freshman and then proceed to loot their dorm rooms. When all is said and done, they forge a letter essentially saying that college life is too hard and they're leaving for good.
- The Initiative: At the end of the episode, the remaining vampire from Sunday's group is taken down with a taser and surrounded by men wearing fatigues. This is the first appearance of The Initiative, a group that is at the core of the season's main story arc.