Buffy, already dealing with her mother's funeral arrangements and trying to cope with her death, now has to worry about Dawn trying to bring Mrs. Summers back from the grave. Angel arrives in town to pay his respects and comfort Buffy.
original airdate--April 17,2001 rating--2.7/4.3 million
music--Theme Song: "Buffy Theme" by Nerf Herder
- "Tomorrow We'll Wake" by Splendid
- "Tales of Brave Ulysses" by Cream
- "Peter's Theme" by Peter and the Wolf
- Two Ghora's eggs, broken by Dawn (one accidentally, another for Joyce's resurrection)
- Joyce (in zombie form), dispelled by Dawn
Goofs: During the wide shot of Buffy and Dawn sitting on their beds prior to Joyce's funeral, it is noticeable that Buffy's room has no ceiling, just a hole at the top of the room where it should be.
- At about 21:26, in a wide shot of Willow's and Tara's dorm room, a seated crew member can clearly be seen off to the left where the corner of the room should be. Additionally, part of the base of a piece of lighting equipment can be seen near the foot of the bed.
- At 7:15, when the camera tracks down the hallway past the open door to Buffy's room, you can see over the top of the set. The studio wall is clearly visible, as is the lighting instrument that is supplying the "sunlight" streaming in through the set's window.
- When Willow "magics" a book at 21:17, you see it slide out on its shelf as she gestures with her hand, but the subsequent shots in the sequence do not match its motion, so you see it slide out a second time in close-up and then see it slide out a third time in the background as she walks away.