When Spike can't have the real thing he has Warren make him a Buffybot. When Anya and Xander later see Spike and the Buffybot having sex they are disgusted. Giles send Buffy on a quest when she see's The First Slayer who has a message "Death is your gift".
Buffy returns home and the truth about the bot is found out rather quickly. The gang finds out Spike is being help by Glory as she is torturing him for the location of the key which he knows. After all is well again Buffy makes it clear that she is disgusted by the robot, but softens up and informs Spike that she will never forget what he did for them. Leaving him speechless from when she kissed him.
original airdate--April 24,2001 rating--4.7 million
music--Theme Song: "Buffy Theme" by Nerf Herder
- One vampire, dusted by Anya
- One vampire, dusted by the Buffybot
- One vampire, dusted by Spike
Monster of the Week:
- Buffy-Bot: Spike comissioned Warren, from I Was Made to Love You, to make another robot like April. She was programmed to love Spike. She was programmed to be as close as possible to Buffy as possible, including fighting skills and the compulsion to slay. She can't, however, pronounce Giles' name correctly. She also wasn't as durable as April was, because she was put out of comission by one sharp blow to the head.
- Ben & Glory: Glory reveals that Ben inhabits her body.
- The Key: Glory figured out that the key was human and a recent arrival to Buffy's group, so she sent her minions out to get it. They don't find Dawn, but instead go after Spike.
- Buffy: Buffy meets with the first slayer again to find if she's losing the ability to love. She is told that she is full of love and that love will lead her to her death.