Buffy and Dawn only escape Glory when a truck hits her and she transforms into Ben. Buffy decides that they should all run and so Spike brings an RV round and they head out into the desert.
On the road they are attacked by the Knights of Byzantium who wound Giles and crash the RV. The Scoobies hide out in an old gas station and call Ben to come and fix Giles.
original airdate: May 08,2001 rating--5.1 million
music--Theme Song: "Buffy Theme" by Nerf Herder
- Orlando, mercy killed by Dante
- 10 Knights of Byzantium, killed by Buffy
- Gregor, killed by Glory
- 2 Clerics, killed by Glory
- Dante Chavalier, killed by Glory
- Hundreds of Knights of Byzantium, killed by Glory
- Ben & Glory: Ben only exists because of Glory's failure. He would cease to exist if Glory found and used to key. Ben transforms into Glory in front of the gang, but it doesn't register.
- Glory: She is generally referred to as "The Beast," and rules the demon dimension with two other demons. She grew in power to cause the other two to fear her. The two banished her to the mortal dimension where she would remain trapped in the body of a newborn male. His death would mean the death of the god.
- The Knights: The knights return in this episode, they release Orlando from the mental ward at the hospital and set out to retrieve and destroy the key. It is revealed that the knights have been searching for the key for countless generations in order to destroy it before it can be used.
- The Key: The key was created to open the gates of the other dimensions, Glory wants to find the key in order to return to her banished dimension and take over. The activation of key would mean the opening of all dimensions, realities bleed into one another and creating chaos in the universe.
- Giles: Giles is stabbed with a spear to the abdomen while driving the RV away from the knights.
Buffy Summers looks like your typical high school cheerleader type, with nothing to worry about but grades and boys. Change that to vampires and demons and you'll be right. For Buffy is the "chosen one," the latest in a long line of Slayers whose destiny it is to fight evil.