THE STUNNING SERIES FINALE! Buffy catches up with Angel, who has come to Sunnydale with the intention of helping Buffy in her impending battle. After Buffy refuses his help, he heads back to LA, but not before handing Buffy an ancient amulet which he says will be of help to her in battle.
Meanwhile, Buffy then heads back home, where she and her friends prepare to lead the potential slayers into the Hellmouth waging one final battle against the First Evil and his army of vampires.
original airdate--May 20,2003 rating--4.9 million
music--Theme music--Buffy the Vampire Slayer Theme by Nerf Herder
- "The Final Fight" by Robert Duncan
- "Slayer Victory" by Robert Duncan
- "Every Girl, A Slayer" by Robert Duncan
- Caleb, killed by Buffy with the Scythe
- One Turok-Han vampire, dusted by Amanda
- Three Turok-Han vampires, dusted by Vi
- One Turok-Han vampire, dusted by Buffy
- Four Turok-Han vampires, dusted by Buffy with the Scythe
- One Turok-Han vampire, betrayed by Giles
- Two Turok-Han vampires, betrayed by Anya
- One Turok-Han vampire, snapped by Spike
- One Turok-Han vampire, dusted by Faith with the Scythe
- Three Turok-Han vampires, burned by the sun, declenched by Dawn
- Anya Jenkins, bisected by a Harbinger of Death
- One Harbinger of Death, killed by Giles with a sword
- Two Turok-Han vampires, dusted by Rona with the Scythe
- Amanda, killed by a Turok-Han vampire
- One Harbinger of Death, killed by Andrew with a sword
- The remnants Turok-Han vampire, all burned with a pure light by Spike
- Spike, himself burned by his pure light
Goofs: Early in the final fight, Vi makes a flying kick to knock an Ubervamp off the cliff. As she lands, she swings back and twists slightly, suspiciously like one would do if suspended on a wire. There is no way she could gain this motion by kicking straight off the vamp as shown.
- Anya beheads two Ubervamps. The second time she swings the sword it very noticably doesn't go anywhere near the Ubervamp's neck, closer to its stomach.
- When Buffy lands on the school bus towards the end of the episode, the bus is not moving as she hits the roof.
- Towards the end of the episode when Buffy is running along the rooftops trying to catch up to the school bus, we see an overhead shot of one of the buildings collapsing just before she jumps off it. In this shot, Buffy is not holding the scythe that she used to kill Caleb. Once she jumps the rooftop however, she is holding it in her right hand.
Trivia: The sequence with the Mutant Enemy mascot, the little monster that goes "Grr Argh" at the end of all episodes, was changed for a total of six episodes:
- Becoming: Part 2 (#2.22) it said, 'Oh, I need a hug."
- Amends (#3.10) it wore a Santa hat and bells were jingling.
- Graduation Day: Part 2 (#3.22) it wore a graduation cap.
- Once More, with Feeling (#6.7) it sang its "Grr Argh."
- Storyteller (#7.16) it sang, "We are as Gods."
- Chosen (#7.22) it looked out at the viewers instead of looking straight-forward.
- The entire town of Sunnydale is destroyed in the finale.
Award--The episode was nominated for both a 2003 Emmy Award in the Category of Special Visual Effects for a Series, and for the 2004 Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form.
Buffy's final line in the show is "Spike." Anya's is "Bunnies." Caleb's is "You don't have the...".