Serenity encounters a ruthlessly professional bounty hunter, Jubal Early, who will stop at nothing to retrieve River. But River, feeling unwelcome on the ship, takes a novel approach to escaping from the long arm of the Alliance.
original airdate--December 13,2002
music-- Theme song "The Ballad of Serenity" by: Joss Whedon Performed by: Sonny Rhodes
- During the attempt to reprogram the waste disposal unit, the first shot of the computer screen shows a Microsoft Windows desktop.
- When Simon gives Jayne a shot, you can see the fake needle retract into the syringe.
- The port side shuttle is visible in Serenity's port (left) docking bay when both shuttles have left the ship.
- When Mal and Saffron are running from the authorities, they leave the Bellerophon Estates through a door which uses a crash bar to exit. However, when the guards arrive to that door, it has changed color and the door hardware is now a lever-style handle.
- After the fight in the beginning with Saffron, Reynolds' nosebleed disappears and reappears between shots.
Trivia--In the theater scene, depicted on the screen in the background as shadow art, are ships leaving the planet Earth and arriving at various planets.