Violence ensues and a mysterious island beast makes a re-appearance when Michael and Locke clash over Walt's upbringing.
Meanwhile, Charlie is tempted to read the missing Claire's diary, and Sayid enlists Shannon to help decipher the French woman's map.
original airdate--January 19,2005 rating--19.67 million
song--"Main Title" (Composed by J.J. Abrams)
Flashback: Michael Dawson and Walt Lloyd
- to baby Walt
- to Michael, at a pay-phone
- to a hospital room,
- to Walt
- to Michael's apartment this time.
- to Australia, where Michael has come for Walt.
- a final time to the same house in Australia.
Goofs: During one of the flashback scenes, Walt, Susan and her husband are in their living room in Australia and Susan sits on the couch after feeling light headed. In the second shot of her on the couch a blond crew member is visible in the top right corner of the screen.
- Walt is lost in the forest looking around him. When panning across the landscape of the forest a crewmember and a portable toilet can be seen on the right side of the screen in behind some bushes. It may only be visible in wide screen.
- When Charlie is reading Claire's diary, the camera pans over one of the pages, which contains the word "realized". Claire is Australian, and all Australians spell the word as "realised".
- During a flashback scene, behind Walt's mom and her husband while they are talking, an anonymous blond woman in a white coat can be seen sitting behind them, disappearing and reappearing between camera shots.