The first 48 days in the lives of the tail section survivors are revealed. After the tail section of the plane crashes into the water off the beach, the survivors swim ashore.
original airdate--November 16,2005 rating--21.87 million
songs--"Main Title" (Composed by J.J. Abrams)
- Just Another Day On the Beach by Michael Giacchino
- Ana Cries by Michael Giacchino
- The Tribes Merge by Michael Giacchino
Flashback--Flashback: Tail End Survivors
Goofs: When Ana-Lucia gives mouth to mouth on the little girl, the girls left side of the face is partially covered in sand. When it cuts her face is full of sand.
- When Mr. Eko heads out to the water to pick up the dead bodies you see all the bodies floating face down. When it cuts there is a close up of a body that suddenly floats face up.
- When Goodwin and Ana Lucia sits down to have a break and Goodwin hands over some fruit to Ana, she says "Where do you think they got it? I mean they're not even wearing shoes", directing to the knife. If you watch in the background you can see a car driving.
- Ana-Lucia says that she never saw Nathan during the two hours the plane was in the air, which Cindy the flight-attendant agrees with, saying that she has a photographic memory for passengers. But the plane was actually in the air for eight hours before the crash, as revealed in the pilot, so, not only should Cindy remember him after that long, but they all should be able to tell the difference between two and eight hours.
Trivia: Trivia: The period of time between the plane crash and the end of this episode is 48 days. 4 and 8 are the first two "cursed" numbers.
- The number 4: there are 4 survivors left from the tail section of the airplane by the time they reach the other camp; Ana Lucia, Libby, Bernard, and Mr. Eko.
- The glass eye that Libby finds in the box most likely belongs to the man who runs the farm, Mikhail from episode the "Enter 77".