After a secret meeting with Lionel, Lana is shot at the Daily Planet by a mysterious gunman. Jimmy is knocked out while studying photographs of the scene and dreams about a 1940s version of Smallville in which Lana is a femme fatale who orchestrated the murder of her tycoon husband Lex, Clark works at the Daily Planet as a reporter and Lois is a sultry singer working at a bar owned by Lionel.
Meanwhile, back in 2007, Clark discovers why Lana married Lex.
original airdate-May 3,2007 rating--3.59 million
songs--Theme song--"Save Me" by Remy Zero
- "Love Me" by Amy Zaro
- "Somebody Else" by Venessa Rojo
- "Somebody Else" by Bleu
Goofs: When Chloe shows the newspaper to Jimmy with his photo on it. The photo is not the same when it is shown in the close-up.
- When Lana hands the gun to Jimmy, she hands it to him aimed away from her. When Jimmy takes it, it is aimed towards her.
- When Chloe and Jimmy find Lana shot in the elevator, there is a gun on the floor beside her, with a small pool of blood beside in the gun. In the next closeup shot on the floor, the small pool of blood is gone.
- Lana was found shot in her upper left shoulder but at the end of the show she has a sling on her right arm.
- When Jimmy is in the 1940s Talon we can hear the sound of a saxophone in the number before Lois arrives. Nevertheless, as we can see on the stage, there are only three instrument: a drum, a piano, and a bass.
- At the beginning of the episode, we see that the clock reads 2 o'clock. Jimmy then takes Chloe into the back room to his set-up movie date. A little into the scene, they then hear a gunshot. When they rush out, the clock now reads 4:15. However Chloe and Jimmy were not in the back room for this long. At 4:15 they find Lana shot, and call 911. Then after the credits, we return to the scene, but now the police have arrived. But now the clock reads 2:15. There is no way the police would have taken so long, that the clock would have jumped all the way around from 4:15 to 2:15, therefore the continuity on this clock is mixed up.