Stardate: 7410.2--7414.1--The newly renovated starship Enterprise is the only ship within range to investigate a strange phenomenon threatening Earth. Admiral Kirk must take command of his old vessel, and crew, and save humanity.
released date--December 07,1979
music--theme & songs conducted by Jerry Goldsmith
- Main Title/Klingon Battle
- Leaving Drydock
- The Enterprise
- Ilia's Theme
- Vejur Flyover
- The Meld
- Spock Walk
- End Title
Adjusted Gross: $273,648,700
Academy Awards Nominations
- Art Direction
- Visual Effects
- Original Score: Jerry Goldsmith
Alien Races: Vulcans, Deltan, Klingons, Andorian
Starships: U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701, Voyager 6
- "Captain's log, stardate 7412.6. 1.8 hours from launch. In order to intercept the intruder at the earliest possible time, I must now risk engaging warp drive while still within the solar system."
- "Captain's log, stardate 7413.4. Thanks to Mr. Spock's timely arrival and assistance, we have the engines rebalanced into full warp capacity. Repair time, less than three hours. Which means we will now be able to intercept intruder while still more than a day away from Earth."
- "Captain's log, stardate 7414.1: Our best estimates place us some four hours from Earth. No significant progress thus far reviving Ilia memory patterns within the alien probe. This remains our only means of contact with our captor."