At the behest of Helen of Troy, Xena goes to the embattled city to help end a 10-year war with the Greeks. But while trying to rein in the hostilities, she discovers a Trojan horse who's working with the enemy.
original airdate--January 15,1996 rating--6.1 million
music--The theme music "Kaval sviri" by Joseph LoDuca
Antagonist--The Greeks, Deiphobus
Chakram Count: 2
Goofs: In the first episode, "Sins of the Past", Xena has already seen Perdicas. Gabrielle had previously told Xena that she was engaged to Perdicas. However, in this episode, Xena seems to know nothing about Perdicas, although it's possible she just forgot.
- In the first scene where we see Xena and Gabrielle, the shot has been reversed, as Xena's weapons are on her left side and Gabrielle is holding her staff with her left hand. In the next shot, everything has returned to normal.
- The shot where Xena is crouching in a bush whilst listening to Deiphobus and King Menelaus talk, is reversed yet again, as Xena's sword is on her left side.
- When Xena is fighting Deiphobus after he has kidnapped Helen, he knocks her into a big boulder, which wobbles when she hits it.
- When the archers attack the Trojans, one of them falls from the wall, which wobbles as he falls.
- After the Greeks emerge from the Trojan Horse, Deiphobus consorts with one of his men as he looks on at the attack. After he tells the soldier to retrieve Helen, a member of the crew is clearly visible crouching down behind Deiphobus.
Trivia:The Spartans in this episode have a Southern US accent. While obviously untrue from a historical perspective, portraying Spartans with a Southern accent is a longstanding tradition in American re-enactments of ancient Greek plays.
- The "disclaimer" in the end credits reads: "No oversized Polynesian-Style Bamboo Horses were harmed during the production of this motion picture. However, many wicker lawn chairs gave their lives."
- The "new" Xena kills less often than then "old" Xena, but still quite often. In this episode she kills one Greek with her sword and one with her chakram during the ambush and a third one in the fight inside the city walls. The "new" Xena's body-count after this episode is 23.
No Oversized Polynesian-Style Bamboo Horses were harmed during the production of this motion picture. However, many wicker lawn chairs gave their lives.