Opening gambit - Pegasus: MacGyver retrieves a stolen horse and gets picked up - literally - by a chopper.
MacGyver travels to Budapest to meet with a Russian double agent who is in possession of a watch containing information about other Russian spies. Before MacGyver can take the watch, however, the agent is killed and the watch is stolen. Now MacGyver must work with the Gypsies to get it back.
original airdate--October 13,1985 rating--13.0/19 share
music--MacGyver Theme song by Randy Edelman
- MacGyver uses a board and a bunch of light bulbs to simulate a blown tire (when it is driven over). This causes the driver to get out and inspect his tire, allowing MacGyver to access the truck.
- MacGyver uses salt combined with sugar and a small amount of chemical enhanced weed killer to create dynamite with a battery acid trigger.
- Used a magnifying glass made of a hairpin and wine to read names of spies from a watch.
- A man covers MacGyver with a newspaper while he opens a hatch in a traffic light. He cuts a credit card (with his knife) into several pieces and shoves them in to a spinning cogwheel. This disrupts the normal behavior of the signal, disrupting traffic and allowing him to escape.
- MacGyver jams the local police radio signal by duct taping a transistor radio to a police radio (in transmit mode) and attaching the bundle to several helium-filled balloons.
"Oh I've heard about you! You're the guy who does the whatchamacallits, you know, MacGyverisms; turns one thing into another?"