When MacGyver is on his way to a vacation, he takes the wrong way, and ends up at a small airstrip where everybody seems to be behaving strangely. Too late, he discovers that the airstrip has been taken hostage, and he has been caught in the middle of a plane hijacking attempt.
original airdate--November 17,1985 rating--15.8/22 share
music--MacGyver Theme song by Randy Edelman
- In order to open a locked security van, MacGyver creates a thermite torch using magnesium filed from a racing cycle frame and iron rust held in a long metal tube and lit with a roadside signal flare.
- MacGyver makes several small bombs using fertilizer, starter fluid, foam padding, and newspaper.
- To open the door of a walk-in freezer, MacGyver fills the lock with water (ice melted from a light bulb) and allows it to re-freeze in the lock. The expansion of the ice forces the lock open.
- Used end of meat hook as a screwdriver
- Used bike bars, rust and flare to make a Thirmite torch to burn through armoured door
- Created a diversion with model airplane
"Oh I've heard about you! You're the guy who does the whatchamacallits, you know, MacGyverisms; turns one thing into another?"