Pete needs to get the daughter of a Russian dissident out of the Soviet Union and MacGyver volunteers his help.
original airdate--April 30,1986
music--MacGyver Theme song by Randy Edelman
- - Blanket, gas, rope, life jacket jammed boat gears
- - Hanging bucket with mop slid through simulated "mopping"
- - Caulk & "hardening agent" = superglue trap
Goofs--Obvious stunt doubles during the boat chase scene.
When the mans hand is glued to the bucket and mop handle, he runs over to the alarm button and the alarm sounds when he clearly doesn't touch the button.
- During the boat chase scene, the bottom part of either an aerial platform or helicopter is visible; it's white and is clearly off the ground.
- When Mac is introduced to the other patients for the first time, the chess master folds the chess board such that the squares are not visible. When Dr. Suvarin takes the board from him, the squares are visible.
"Oh I've heard about you! You're the guy who does the whatchamacallits, you know, MacGyverisms; turns one thing into another?"