While out of town to help with a new hospital, MacGyver is witness to a UFO sighting, complete with strange crop circles in a farmer's field.
He decides to investigate, and he uncovers a scam with the help of his new friends. A young boy named Tommy Wiley, and Phil Sternwise, a mysterious man who says he's only a salesman.
original airdate--December 3,1990 rating--13.9 million
music--MacGyver Theme song by Randy Edelman
- Ammonia, napalm, wires = chemical plasma
- Spear salted wires to power lines = chemical plasma
- Creates Electricle glow with wires and chemical power.
Goofs: Mac could not have dialed the garage's number, since the boy's father had not told him the number yet.
- Mr. Wiley acts surprised when the Rigels tell them they are leaving that very night. But a few scenes earlier Tommy told MacGyver his father said they were leaving that night - nothing has changed and he already knew they were leaving later that day.
- Mac says he spent all the money he had with him to get his car fixed, yet he never pays the mechanic for the repairs --- he just thanks the mechanic and then drives away.
- Why doesn't MacGyver just call up Pete and have the Foundation bail him out? This would be far from the first time the Foundation has helped MacGyver out financially when in a bind.
"Oh I've heard about you! You're the guy who does the whatchamacallits, you know, MacGyverisms; turns one thing into another?"